Friday, December 5, 2008

Spoiling My Baby? Or Loving My Baby? Part 2

What I've learned is:

When I answered my baby's cries and tried to meet all of his needs...
Baby was happier (me too) and cried less.

HE WAS THE BEST BABY EVER!

He slept with me on the bed... I fed him when he wanted to be fed... I held him when he cried and tried to figure out what was wrong.
In every instance, I've learned that he always cried for something... He wasn't trying to 'play' me at all.

Now at 4 months, he sleeps 10 hours a day! I'm glad. But he was always a baby that knew the difference between day and night since he's always slept longer at night.

He wasn't like this the day we came from the hospital. He cried when I was just trying to change his diaper. When I decided to meet his needs no matter how 'inconvenient' it was for me, I guess he began trusting me that I would meet all of his needs... and voila, what a great baby.

Even now that he cries more that before... I notice he still always cries for a reason... he's hungry, tired, needs diaper changed...

Now, do I think I've found the perfect formula to raise great, no crying babies?? NO! I've asked around and have learned that Every baby is different... they have their own personalities.

Hey, maybe he took after me... I didn't really cry much when I was a baby.
Who knows if my next baby will be a crier even if I'm meeting all his/her needs?
I hope this is the formula: love, meet baby's needs willingly= happy baby

I'll find out after my next baby. GOD WILLING.

D.

No comments: